My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Reawakening -- an excerpt

Reawakening  - an excerpt

"Why on Earth do they go to such lengths, Marion?" he asked.  "Have they nothing better to do with their time on Earth?"

"Why on Earth, indeed?  I don't know the answer to your question, Jim.  Again I believe there is a strong correlation here to emotion.  The entire process from food gathering to post-consumption is emotion driven.  We believe that these things which here on Notsew would be considered needless and, indeed, useless, are an important part of a human being's tendency to strive toward the achievement of some elusive emotion called happiness."

"Happiness?"

"Now, don't look at me like that, Jim!  No, I don't know what the term labeled happiness means.  I know only that, like success, humans strive for it.  And it is evident from our extensive research into the habits of the Earthlings residing in the North American continent that food somehow provides a direct link to the attainment of this emotion called happiness."

Jim shook his head in disbelief.  "There is no logic in anything you've told me, Marion."

"That's correct, Jim.  Yet, even from the very basic information I have given you so far, you must, using logic, be able to understand that humans have a tendency to put roadblocks in the way of the happiness they so desire."



Reawakening is in production and will be released an an audio book
in the spring of 2019
narrated by

Ralph Scott & Kendra Murray


Thanks for visiting my author's page https://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

Cover design by https:/yuneekpix.com



No comments:

Post a Comment