My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

All Them Houses -- an excerpt

All Them Houses  -  an excerpt

"One such occasion I remember very well.  One night, at the age of sixteen, I stayed out with my boyfriend, my future husband, until nearly two a.m.  My curfew was 11 p.m.  I had never been this disobedient before.  Mother was livid!  Out on the sidewalk in her nightgown and robe, she shouted, "John, I don't want you coming around here anymore!"

Embarrassed beyond belief, in tears, I raced into the house and tore up the stairs to my room.  Naturally, as a teenager, I thought Mom was aloof and totally unreasonable.  That was then.

Now, as an adult, I know that this thoughtless teenager caused her mother great anxiety and worry.  She was a wonderful mother; always there; always forgiving.   I wasn't always willing to acknowledge but, deep down in my heart where it truly mattered, I always knew that my mother was my best friend."




All Them Houses is available exclusively on Amazon in Paperback and Kindle formats.

Thanks for visiting my author's page at https://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

No comments:

Post a Comment