My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Dinner At Seven, a romance novel -- an excerpt

Dinner At Seven, a romance novel  --  an excerpt

"I respond to her motherly warmth.  I struggle to sit up.  I feel totally disoriented but Brenda persists in her gentle manner and places the warm cup in my hand.  Finally, sipping the warm tea, my body relaxes a little and my torrential tears are replaced by soft tears that fall freely down my face and drip, unchecked, from my chin.

'There's a good girl,' Brenda soothes.  'There's nothing like a good cry and a good cup of tea to make a woman feel better.'  She hands me some tissues and asks, 'Do you want to talk about it?'

I dry my face and I fight for self-control.  'I'm not sure that I can, Brenda.  I can't bear to think about it.  How can I talk about it?  I don't know where to begin.'

Suddenly the shrill ringing of the phone shatters the stillness of my room.  I'm fearful.  I feel myself tense up.  'I don't want to speak to anyone, Brenda.'   I sit, head in hands, while Brenda picks up the phone.

'She can't take any calls right now, David.' "






Dinner At Seven, a romance novel 
is available exclusively on Amazon
in paperback and kindle formats.



No comments:

Post a Comment