My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

Ellen and The Hummingtree  -  an excerpt

"The next thing I know Sandi opens a door and leads me into one of the hotel rooms.  I see a bed by the window.  I see an armchair not much different from the one I have at home in my bedroom.  It's even the same colour.  I see a bookshelf and as I run my finger along the backs of the books I think it's odd that the shelf holds some of the very books I own.  Then I notice a couple of photos.  How very odd!  I see a photo of a bride and groom.  When I look closely I see that the bride is me.  And my Jerry was so very young in that wedding picture.  I see another photo of Carol and Sandi atop a dresser.  This is very strange.  I'm confused.  I pinch my arm to see if I'm awake.

I decide to open one of the drawers in the dresser.  In the top drawer I see my pretty yellow nightgown, the very one my mother gave to me on my birthday; the very gown I was wearing just this morning.  At least I think it was just this morning.  I'm a little confused.

I turn around to look at Carol and Sandi.  I see the waitress is still wearing the medical scrubs.  I am wondering why she is there in the room with us.  "What's going on, Carol?"


Ellen and The Hummingtree is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.

Ellen and The Hummingtree is currently in production 
and will be released as an audio book available on
Amazon, Audible, and Itunes 
spring of 2019
narrated by the very talented

Falon Echo

Cover design by Susan RK of https://yuneekpix.com


Thank you for your positive reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment