My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

Ellen and The Hummingtree  -- an excerpt

"I lower my eyes and see that I'm still wearing my blue chenille robe.   For heaven's sakes, I put my walking shoes on but I forgot to get dressed.

"I'm going home to get dressed now.  I was just on my way," I tell the lady.

"Let me help you, dear," she says.

"I'm not helpless you know!"  But I decide to let her take my arm and guide me back to my apartment.  I'm not really sure if I turn left or right.  I've never been very good with directions.  "I live in apartment 634."

"Yes, I know.  I'll take you home, Mom," she says.

"My dear woman, I am not your mother!  If you must know, my name is Ellen.  And just because I'm old enough to be your mother doesn't give you the right to call me Mom.  Only Carol can call me that.  Well, Sandi too; but not you!"

The lady starts to weep.  "What is your problem?" I ask but she just  continues to cry.

I walk down the hall with this crazy, crying woman.  We stop at my apartment door and I'm surprised she opens the door of my home and, bold as brass, walks right in; doesn't even knock on the door.  The nerve of some people's kids!

My daughter, Sandi, is there in the living-room.  I don't get it.  She doesn't even seem surprised by the arrival of this strange, unwelcome intruder.  She says nothing to her or about her.   In fact, all she says is, "You need to get dressed, Mom."



Ellen and The Hummingtree is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.

Ellen and The Hummingtree is currently in production
and will be released as an
audio book narrated by Falon Echo
spring of 2019
and will then be available
on Amazon, Audibles, and Itunes.

Thanks for visiting my author's page at

Your positive reviews are very welcome.

Beautiful cover design is created by

No comments:

Post a Comment