My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

"One minute Jethro and Kris were on their way down the well-trodden path.  You know the spot where many prior years of footsteps had carved steps into the gently sloping hillside toward the woods.  One minute they were on their way down and the next minute Jethro collapsed.  "I could see him.  He was lying face down on the ground," she said.

I was told that Kris didn't move.  He stayed right there with him, licking his master's face in an effort to wake him up in order to continue their walk.

Jethro did not wake up.

Again I was left alone; no, not alone this time because the beautiful Kris remains steadfast, loyal, and loving.  But I miss my Jethro.  Yes, Kris is a faithful companion but, to me, the house devoid of Jethro's laughter, quotations, and songs, feels as empty as a politician's promise."



Ellen and The Hummingtree is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.

Ellen and The Hummingtree is currently in production
and will be available as an audio book spring of 2019
narrated by 
the very talented Falon Echo

Cover design is by Susan RK of https://yuneekpix.com

Thanks for visiting my author's page at https://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

No comments:

Post a Comment