My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Monday, March 31, 2014

Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy ...


These ratings are fickle but the Kindle Edition of Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy is currently #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama & Plays > Tragedy
#46 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography >... Theater 
 
   


 Check it out at my author page: http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

Here are some reviews of Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy. Thanks for your positive reviews on Amazon and Goodreads

"I grabbed your book and headed for bed. This was about 7:30.
I turned out the light just after midnight.
I couldn't put it down!
... Your characters are so real and believable! I absolutely fell in love with the Road, and Santo's dad, Arthur broke my heart and I think we all know someone a little like Eunice...
Just wonderful!
I liked how you interjected the Road's thoughts midway, and I liked the ending!
The story is riveting. I felt like I knew these people!"

Susan Ruby K.

A review by Lucy Ann Spence:

"WOW !!! Just finished reading this fabulous book...Audrey, you have a winner here...thoroughly enjoyed it and held

my attention right to the end...."


Moose Road is an exciting story and the characters living on the same road were all so down to earth, and it is a story you will not want to put down

until you have finished reading it as I know I couldn't. There has been a lot of research put into this story and the author is to be commended on her

great work. Eleanor Lambert.


Shared thoughts about Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy from Jean Gracie Anderson:

I am loving it! I am so amazed at your thought processes in putting such a book together! What a gift from God!


By

The Brit "KC"

This review is from: Moose Road a Canadian Tragedy (Kindle Edition)
I give four stars for a really good story.
Who is to blame for the Moose Road Tragedy? Can Moose Road itself tell us?
Listen to the seven families as they give their accounts for what happened.
Do they blame each other? What conclusions do the insurance investigators draw?
Who does the judge blame? And why is murder committed after the enquiry?
To find out, you have to read, Moose Road.
It is a really good story.

From the Author

2012 was spent writing Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy. Here in my home town of Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada we had recently suffered great losses due to a mall collapse which killed two people, injured others and of course deprived many of their jobs and businesses.

Moose Road is not about this mall collapse however my frame of mind while writing this story was influenced by all that was going on around me. And of course an Inquiry was happening here in the real world and I realized the importance to many of placing blame for what had occurred.

This was the bedrock of Moose Road - a Canadian Tragedy. My thought was what if no one is to blame? What if it were an accident? And, indeed, on Moose Road there is the accident between the snow plow and the school bus. There is an investigation; an inquiry and judgment is made. But what happens once this decision is made by the Judge is what shocks the small Town of Mansey and fills headlines across the nation.

I put my heart and soul into the characters who live along Moose Road. They became very real to me and I sometimes had a hard time keeping up with them.

I hope you enjoy the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment