My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Joshua's Journey - a short story ..........

My short story titled "Joshua's Journey" is off to a good start this morning in the Kindle Store. #5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Aging Parents > Aging
#8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging

Joshua is an old man living in his room in a nursing home. He does not like to socialize. He tells his story in a matter of fact way with no apology. Life has left him feeling angry and bitter. He is unprepared for his meeting with Victoria. His encounter with this little girl touches a heartstring within Joshua; one which had never been played.

From the Author:

In my life I've sometimes had occasion to meet an elderly person who is quite angry and bitter about life ........ I tend to feel sorry for such a person and I confess I wonder what has happened in his earlier years to make him this unhappy and cantankerous in old age. These were the thoughts and the questions in my mind when I wrote the short story, Joshua's Journey. I hope you enjoy the story.

"Joshua's Journey" is free today only on all Amazon sites. My author's page is found at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

While the novel is my favourite creative writing challenge I also love writing short stories. If you enjoy this story you will want to check out my short story anthology titled "The Silent Star Plus a Dozen" which is also available in Kindle format on all Amazon sites.




 If you enjoy this or any of my short stories thank you for your positive reviews on Amazon and/or Goodreads


End of day Kindle Store ratings for Joshua's Journey are #4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Aging Parents > Aging
  • #5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging


  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment