My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Hope of Glory" - a short story in Kindle Format ..............

"Hope of Glory " --- "Their father died and mom needed to work. To her young son she insisted, "hold her hand, Lester." And hold his sister's hand he did. They reached a certain age and a role reversal took place. Now it was sister, Linda, keeping her eye on her big brother who was heading in the wrong direction. Later on his death bed Lester is convinced there is no hope of glory for him. Little does he know of his sister's love and the power of prayer.

From the Author

When writing Hope for Glory I thought of my own childhood and my brother who at a young age became father figure to myself and my younger siblings. Fortunately for our family my brother did not take a wrong path but it is easy to understand how a young man might make some wrong choices given such heavy responsibility at too early an age. In addition there have been many times throughout my life when I've been assured that the power of prayer is a force to be reckoned with. These are some of the influences which impacted on my writing of this short story. I hope you enjoy this story.

The Kindle version of my short story titled "Hope of Glory" is free today only on all Amazon sites.

Below is its early morning rating in the Kindle Store. I'll check the rating again at end of day.

#46 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships
#81 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life

"Hope of Glory" is available on all Amazon sites. My author page is found at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

No comments:

Post a Comment