My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kindle or Print Format?

Friends often tell me that they prefer print format to Kindle format when reading a story.  "I like the feel of a real book in my hands," one will say.

"When is it coming out  in print?" another will ask.

I, personally, prefer to buy my books in print format.  I don't even own a Kindle (yet).

Yet, statistics tell me that when it comes to sales more books in Kindle format are sold than those available as paperback.

Of course, price could be a factor.  It is less expensive to buy a Kindle Book.

An E-reader is a veritable library.   It takes up very little space unlike our paperbacks and other books in print format which fill bookshelves in our homes.

I find it very interesting to observe the ratings for books in the Amazon Kindle Stores.   A Kindle Book with a ranking of #2 or 5 or 12 or 27 in the Kindle store, for example, may well have a ranking somewhere up in the millions for its print copy version.  The same book - same story.

Although I enjoy watching what I call this numbers game it is important for a shopper to remember that this ranking is a reflection of the number of sales; not in reference to the quality of the story.   The same great story can rank high or low on the same scale; the Kindle with a high rating and the print format of the same book with a low rating.  Please don't let a low ranking number on a print format book deter you from making the purchase.  It simply means that more people are enamoured with the Kindle format.

Some say the day may come when we will no longer have any books in print format.  All will be electronic.   We live in a fast changing world.

As for me I do my best to offer my readers a choice.  

All my books are available in Kindle format on all Amazon sites.

Some of my books are available in print format on all Amazon sites as well as directly from the printer, createspace.com    In time I will be increasing the number of books available in print format.

Whichever format you choose, it is my hope that you will enjoy the adventures my characters are waiting to take you on. 

You will find my author page at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin




No comments:

Post a Comment