My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Oscar Night ............

There was a time in my life when I  would see every movie released or at least as many as possible.  Even when I was a little kid I would join my friends at the Grant Theatre for the Saturday matinee every week.

Now with movie channels on cable TV and movies on demand plus videos and DVD's that we rent, it seems to be a rare occasion when I actually sit down in a movie theatre to watch a show on the big screen.

In spite of that I still get excited when I know it is Oscar Night.  I love to watch the Academy Awards on TV. 

I'm fascinated by the glamour, the tension, the joy of winning the competition that these major stars experience.    I love to see what the movie stars are wearing and it's such fun to listen to the acceptance speeches.

I'm far removed from the actual movies these actors have created.  How is it that I still hope one or another will win?  Even though I haven't seen the films I still have my favourites.

And I hope my favourites will win this evening.........Watching the Oscars is a tradition; one I have kept for many years.  

And now it's almost time for the Red Carpet...........I have to go now and make the popcorn because the show is about to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment