My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest & others as well .........

I learned today about a short story contest with a grand price of $1,000.00; 2nd prize of $100.00 and there will be 3 honourable mentions.   The entry fee is $4.00 and the deadline is March 31st.

You can learn much more about this contest by going to the Gemini Magazine website or you can email them at  contest@gemini-magazine.com

I plan to enter.   You have to be in to win.  

I enjoy entering writing competitions.   In my view the simple act of entering makes one a winner because these contests keep us motivated to write creatively.

I particularly enjoy the Wynterblue Publishing Canada WynLit 24 and WynLit73 competitions.  I win some and I lose some........but it is the joy and the challenge of writing that is important.  You can check these competitions out by visiting Wynterblue's website.

The Canadian Writers' Contest Calendar 2011  is a wonderful magazine listing hundreds of writing contests taking place throughout the year.   This magazine can be purchased from White Mountain Publications.   Check out their website.

And while you are placing your order for the Canadian Writers' Contest Calendar check out the  annual poetry competition hosted by White Mountain Publications.  

I don't consider myself a poet but on some rare occasions I do feel the urge to write a poem.  I enjoyed some success and some poetry published by White Mountain back in 2008.   And I've entered a poem in this year's competition.......never know my luck!   But one thing I do know and that is if we dón't enter a contest we will not win.    So check it out.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment