My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Elliot Lake Writers' Fall Festival........

Today my thoughts have been centred on Elliot Lake Writers' Fall Festival which will be happening at the Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre, Saturday October 22, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a Gala Dinner following at 6 p.m. at the Renaissance Centre.  At this dinner our guest speaker will be Dr. Ross Pennie, award winning Medical Mystery Author.

I'm working on a second grant application, thinking about our upcoming planning meeting and visualizing in my mind a very successful and uplifting Festival.

I see the writing workshops taking place with Dr. Pennie instructing us on Memoir Writing and Brian Henry teaching us all the secrets of How to Get Published.

I see the Open Mike with the all day reading circle.

I see children and adults alike seated at the tables writing their stories which they will submit for the writing competitions.

I see authors at their vendors' tables and I feel the excitement of the launch of Elliot Lake Writers' Workshop's  first Anthology.

I see the multitudes enjoying the variety of entertainment throughout the day.

It is going to be an amazing day and though October may seem far off in the distance; it really is not.  Time has a way of disappearing when we are having fun and planning this Festival is, indeed, a joyful experience.

Mark your calendar.  Saturday, October 22, 2011.  

It will be a day to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment