My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Walk for Memories"........Collins Hall today.

Today we will go over to the Collins Hall where the Alzheimers Society is holding the "Walk for Memories"..

We all have memories; some we classify as good and some not so good.

In my opinion even the worst memories are good because they are a part of who we are.

We have all heard the saying, "Do as I say; not as I do."

In the case of Memoir Writing, even though I am well aware of its benefits, I plead guilty to encouraging others to do as I say. 

And God forbid you should ever have the illness of Alzheimer..........but just imagine, if you did, your memoirs would be invaluable to your family, friends and caregivers......and to yourself.

Everyone has a story to tell.

In October of this year Elliot Lake will be honoured by a visit from Dr. Ross Pennie who will conduct a workshop on "Memoir Writing".............I plan to attend.

But I am thinking I will make a start on this project before October.

If you are reading this post, give the idea some thought.  Maybe it is time you began to write your memoirs?

Maybe see you later today at Collins Hall where the "Walk for Memories" is taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment