My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breathing...........

Breathing........something we pretty much take for granted is breathing.

Unless of course you suffer from any type of chronic lung disease because if that is the case then breathing is brought into the spotlight........it is something that is considered, measured, thought about.

To the respiratory therapist I said, "After all if we stop breathing we are dead."

"Pretty much," he responded which totally cracked me up.  I could not stop laughing.

But of course I had to stop in order to complete the breathing test. 

I am one of many people who do not take breathing for granted.

I cherish every breath.  I thank God for the breath of life.

But taking things for granted is a natural, human response to life, isn't it?  I mean life is just like that.

Generally speaking it is not until we feel that something is in jeopardy;  until we hold the knowledge that we are in danger of losing something;  that we at last begin to appreciate, take care of, focus on whatever that something may be.

Shame huh?

I know it's not an easy thing to stop taking things for granted but if upon awakening each morning I remember to take a moment to simply say thank you; to appreciate; to cherish the gifts I am blessed to possess I will be a more aware and maybe a much nicer person.

What do you think?

If breathing is something that makes you pause for thought......check out the Canadian Lung Association's  website.

No comments:

Post a Comment