My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Circle of Friends.......

With our Circle of Friends around the table we celebrated a very entertaining New Year's Eve.  Good food, excellent plays at the Collins Hall nourished body, mind and spirit. 

And so begins 2011.   I've always remembered the Scottish saying, "Start the way you mean to go on."   And as I begin my journey through another new year I've ensured that nothing of personal importance has been left undone.

Tomorrow, New Year's Day, we will take down our Christmas Tree. We will wrap in white tissue and pack away the angels, the carolers, the nativity and the tree decorations.   Into the large bin they will all go to be stored in the basement for another year.

Thank you to my family and friends for being a part of my life throughout 2010.

As I travel the path placed before me in 2011 I will remain grateful for the blessings and excited about the new challenges that have yet to introduce themselves.

My focus will remain first and foremost on faith, family and friends but, rest assured, creative writing will run a close second.  "Ellen and the Hummingtree" will be my new baby and I may decide that 2011 is the year to launch "Keeping it Simple".

And in 2011 members of Elliot Lake Writers' Workshop will launch their first short story anthology.  This exciting book launch will take place at the first (we hope annual) Elliot Lake Writers' Fall Festival which is happening at the Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 22nd, 2011.  There will be a gala dinner following at 6 p.m. at the Renaissance Centre.  Special guests, Dr. Ross Pennie and Brian Henry will offer creative writing workshops on Memoir Writing and on How to Get Published.  Guest authors from near and far will participate in our Reading Circle and conduct signings & sales at our Book Fair.   We will enjoy writing competitions, entertainment and so much more!  It will be a day to remember!

Life is good.  We are blessed.  I wish you a 2011 filled to the brim with good friends, good health, peace, prosperity and, of course, prolific inspired creative writing.

Happy New Year!

Audrey (hugs)

No comments:

Post a Comment