My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, December 17, 2010

Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men .....a poem by Audrey Austin

We sing the words at Christmas time
  but we don't know what they mean.
Kids are crying, men are lost,
 We all want more, what does it cost?

God give me this and give me that,
I'm searching can't you see?

World peace we seek or so we say
 And then we fight some more.
Until each soul finds peace within
 Our world will want forevermore.

It's up to you.  It's up to me.
It's up to everyone.

To search within, make peace with self,
 Then filled with love and inner peace
Affirm responsibility.
 World peace is really up to me.

     a poem I wrote a long time ago and it can be found along with some others on one of my Homestead websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment