My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dare to be ..........

When I was a child in Sunday School I used to sing a refrain, "Dare to be a Daniel..Dare to stand alone. Dare to have a purpose firm.  Dare to make it known."
When I think of these lyrics today the words  "being authentic" leap into my consciousness. 

I'm privileged to be a writer with three published books.  And when I write my stories it is very important to me that my characters be real, believable, and true to themselves.

As a fiction writer insisting on my characters' authenticity, I sometimes lose sight of my own.

I'm very happy with readers' reviews of my first novel, SARA, a Canadian Saga.
And I can say the same about feedback my second novel, REAWAKENING has received.  
And more recently I am grateful that my limited edition anthology titled THE SILENT STAR Plus a Dozen is almost sold out.

Since putting the focus on creative writing three years ago I have received much for which I am truly thankful.  And in all of my fictional writing it remains important to me that my characters be authentic.  They don't have to be good or bad;  polite or rude; socially acceptable or social outcasts......they just need to be themselves.  As a writer I love my characters for being just who they are.

This desire  to demonstrate authenticity in my writing will be self-evident in my next novel which will be launching early 2011 titled ELLEN AND THE HUMMINGTREE.   No matter how high the price Ellen, a strong woman of faith, remains true to herself and to her God.  Even when some believe her to be nuttier than a fruitcake she remains authentic.

But my major writing challenge will commence after the launch of "ELLEN".
My fourth novel will be my test.......will I dare to be a Daniel?   God being my helper, I will.

And now as we enter the season of our Saviour's birth we celebrate Christmas. 
When I was younger I thought of Jesus as my hero......perhaps I still think of Him in this way today. 
He stood up for what he believed.  He dared to stand alone. Although He teaches on many levels each of those levels is pure and true. 

Merry Christmas.  I wish you peace and love............

No comments:

Post a Comment