My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Books available for sale at this time........

I'm blessed to be enjoying sales success with my three publications.

My second novel titled REAWAKENING has enjoyed great sales and will soon go into its second printing with Wynterblue Publishing Canada.

My short story anthology titled THE SILENT STAR Plus a Dozen was intended to be a small limited edition.  I'm thrilled to tell you that all but three copies of this anthology have been sold.  Thank you for your support.

My first novel titled SARA, a Canadian Saga is into its third print run, also with Wynterblue Publishing Canada. 
Copies of this book are available for sale.  To purchase your copy just get in touch.


For those of you who have not yet bought a copy I want you to know there are still some copies available.

Here is some feedback from readers of SARA.


"Your well-written  book brought memories of actual places and people to me.  I was a child growing up on Prince Edward Island in the dirty thirties." K. Austin

"I've read your book already and loved the story. It reminded me of the stories my parents and grandparents used to relate about the 20's and 30's, Your story will sell very well with the older audience and educate the younger ones.  They were not easy days for anyone." Judy Donovan-McDonald.

"I received SARA on Tuesday and cóuldn't wait to read it.  I couldn't put it down.  I really enjoyed the story especially the streets in Toronto.  It brought back a lot of memories.  It is good for the soul to remember the past.  Could that be why we call them the good old days?  Looking forward to a sequel.   Maureen Jones-Motchan.

"I truly enjoyed reading SARA.  At times I laughed and at other times I felt tears welling up.  It was such a good story, well written and I loved it." Eleanor Lambert.

I just finished reading "Sara."   I would have read it sooner, but have this strange desire to read my books in the order I receive them.
I took the book to work with me where I was teaching a grade 7 class.  The children were directed to write about a time when they or someone they knew, demonstrated perseverance.  I held up the book and used "Sara" as an example of a woman who demonstrated perseverance.  I also spoke to the fact that the author demonstrated this quality in her determination to have her story published.  You would not believe the response from these kids - many wanted to know if they could get it at Chapters.  This story is uniquely Canadian and should be marketed to adolescents as part of their Canadian heritage.  "Sara" is a narrative that figures in the histories of Canadian families everywhere.  I will be passing this on to my son!
The line that cracked me up and drew me in for good: 
"Their mother set the steaming bowls of vegetables in the centre of the large, old, wooden table that no amount of wax and polish could dignify." (p. 11) 
I won't over-analyze why this struck me as hilarious, it just did.  What sad, sad state Rebecca was in over her table, lol.    This table is a silent witness to generations of love, hope, fear, strife, courage, ignorance and finally, understanding. What a beautiful metaphor for an old scratched up, banged around history that none of us can escape and our fear of endlessly repeating it. 
Thank-you for inviting us to the table.
Karen.

This is  just a taste of the amazing feedback I have received from some readers of SARA...........hope you will want to buy a copy too.  They are $20 a copy and to purchase yours just email me and I will deliver your copy to you if you live here in town.  Otherwise your book will be in the mail the same day I receive your payment.   Thanks in advance...Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment