My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ARTS MONTH -- Elliot Lake Writers at the Arts and Culture Trade Show and Open House

 from an e-mail I received from A.R.I.E.L this morning.

"By the authority vested in me by the Council of The
Corporation of the City of Elliot Lake, I hereby
proclaim the month of January, 2011 as
ARTS MONTH in the City of Elliot Lake.   

Rick Hamilton
Mayor"

Elliot Lake writers will be participants in the Elliot Lake Arts & Culture Trade Show and Open House which is happening Saturday, January 22, 2011 at the Civic Centre.

In addition to a lovely display table we will be offering an interactive project and three prizes in a free draw.  The lucky winners (3) will win either a copy of Gloria Hansen's book, a copy of one of my publications or a CD of local author, Frank Spence's book.

As well, Gloria, Frank and I will be sharing a table where we will be offering copies of our books for sale.  This event will also present an opportunity to share with the community the exciting news of our upcoming Writers' Fall Festival happening October 22, 2011 at the Civic Centre.

Also in celebration of Arts Month some members of Elliot Lake Writers' Workshop will be participating in a collaborative exhibition titled Creative Connections.   Visual and Literary artists will come together to present an Exhibit which will be on display in the Civic Centre commencing January 11th.  The show will run until February 5th.

Opening reception will take place 7 pm, Friday, January 14th.

I hope to see you at both events.

No comments:

Post a Comment