My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Memoir Writing .........

It was a pleasure to attend the Volunteers' Social at Huron Lodge this afternoon.

Wonderful senior residents are a joy to visit.  They have colourful, interesting stories to tell.

And when I chat with them I am reminded of the importance of Memoir Writing in order that story treasures not be lost.

At the Elliot Lake Writers' Fall Festival taking place at the Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre October 22nd of this year, Dr. Ross Pennie, will be a guest facilitator offering a 3 hour workshop on Memoir Writing.   This is a workshop I certainly plan to attend.   I hope you will want to be a participant too.

What may seem like a mundane life to the person living it can offer great comfort to close friends and family.  It's good to have these stories recorded before we grow too old to remember all the important details.

No comments:

Post a Comment