My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, April 23, 2011

In an ideal world ..........

In an ideal world writers, publishers and promoters would come together to celebrate the joy of writing.

I'm a writer and I've recently joined Facebook, Twitter and I have created this blog to call together other writers in order that we can assist each other in celebrating not only the joy of writing but also the joy of publication and the joy of selling books.

I confess I don't quite understand the publishing world.  I'm not sure how one writer gets noticed while hundreds more do not. 

Every writer seeks acknowledgement. Every writer dreams of success.

Many writers have taken matters into their own hands and are using alternative publishing means.  Writers are using print on demand; writers are creating E-books; writers are doing all they can think of to be heard, to be recognized, and, most important, to be read.

As I said, I don't understand the large publishing companies.  They do make it very difficult for a writer to be published in the traditional way.

What I ask is this.  If a writer has self-published a book; is enjoying some sales; is receiving excellent feedback on what they have written; why is a publisher not buying a copy of this writer's book?

And if they like the writer's book why don't they contact the writer and say, "hey, let's make a deal."

I mean why not?

Why not at least read my book?  If you are a writer, then why do they not at least read your book?

If I were a major publisher that's exactly what I would do.

From the Beatles, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

No, I am definitely not the only writer who just wants to write and sell books; you are not the only one.

You and I are not alone.

There are many of us; many writers who share the same dream.

I am Calling all Writers.  I am suggesting, "Why don't we work together?

Sometimes when a person makes it big in the writing world, whether that person is a writer or a publisher or a promoter, they forget what it was like for them when no one had ever heard of them or their name or their work or their words.

You will notice on Facebook they do not offer the facility to become their "friend".   On Twitter there is rarely a means to directly "message" them. We can but follow and follow we do.  But do they "follow" back? 

I'm relatively new to  Twitter so I must say I don't know yet if any of these people who have "made it big" will follow back.

In an ideal world people, even writers and publishers, would help each other.

If we worked together do you think we could create that "ideal world?"

No comments:

Post a Comment