My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This and that ....

It is a beautiful sunny day in Elliot Lake.  The sunshine is welcome after several rainy days. 

My promise to myself to post daily comments in my blog is not always an easy one to keep nevertheless I persevere to try to find something that will be of interest to you, the reader.

Elliot Lake Writers' Fall  Festival planning consumes much of my time.  As a consequence I have been doing precious little creative writing.  However I do enjoy entering the WynLit 24 writing competitions hosted by Wynterblue Publishing Canada.  Last month my story was short-listed.  I hope my more recent submission shares its fate. The next contest will be coming up soon in early June.

I'm currently reading a book titled Raised by the River written by Canadian author Jake MacDonald.  It's a good read and I'm encouraged to check out other books written by said writer.

Promoting and marketing Elliot Lake Writers'  Fall Festival is now high up on the agenda of things to do.  Soon we will be working with graphics designer to put together posters which will attract people to the Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre where we will join together to celebrate the joy of writing.

The Festival takes place Saturday, October 22, 2011.  Mark your calendar early.  This will be a day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment