My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Running On Empty


Running On Empty is one of my short stories that is off to a good start in the Kindle store today. It is currently #39 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Metaphysical

Ralph Morton has remained for years in an unhappy marriage. His love for his wife, Laura is often in question but his love for his two sons kept him home and faithful.

Just before his best friend, Gerry died he whispered a message into Ralph's ear. "Find the Barken Tree". Ralph begins the search and the results are life-changing.

To be killed by a falling tree seems remarkable yet at the time I wrote this story I was familiar with a true life situation where this, in fact, occurred. The importance of an individual's death bed wish cannot be questioned.

Our hero's search for the Barken Tree is one that is rewarding to him and to his family but greater than this is that a reader will feel rewarded by the outcome of his quest.

If you enjoy this story you will enjoy my short story anthologies. Check it all out at my author's page at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

Running On Empty is free today on all Amazon sites.
See more


No comments:

Post a Comment