My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

About writing ...........

Sometimes I find myself involved in many activities and endeavours that are all "about writing".

These things "about writing" do get in the way of the actual writing itself.

Most of yesterday was spent with friends who stopped by for a cuppa and a visit; very enjoyable.  And as I said to one friend, "I have nothing marked on my calendar that I have to do tomorrow.  I can hardly wait!"

A day where I don't  have  to do anything is a gift.  It means I will have time to do what writers are supposed to be doing and that is to write, right?

I plan to complete my ELWW writing assignment today.........and I hope to write a short story for the Gemini Magazine Short Story Contest.....

You will notice I use the words "plan" and "hope".

This is because it's early in the day and what I do get accomplished writing-wise depends much on what is said in emails received; how often that doorbell rings and how often I have to pick up the telephone.

If you are a writer then you know what I'm talking about. 

Some of my best writing is achieved at 2 a.m. when the rest of my world is asleep. 

That sure makes it tough to be alert early the next day though......and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment