My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, March 1, 2019

The Silent Star Plus a Dozen Selections - an excerpt from "In Control"

The Silent Star Plus a Dozen Selections



An excerpt from short story titled "In Control"

"She doesn't care whose life she messes up," Christine agreed.  "Dave is going to be furious with me.  He's paid a lot of money for the tickets.  There's no way he can get a refund at this late date.  I'm going to talk to Mary and see if she can't slot someone else in for Saturday night."

"Well," Rose stated matter of factly, "you can only try.  God loves a tryer.  But take it from me, Christine, there's no point in arguing with the likes of her.  You know you can't win before you start so save your energy."

"I know, I know.  Half her problem is that she has never had a boyfriend in her life.  The old bag is jealous of anyone else who does."

Nodding her head Rose lifted the timepiece she wore on a chain around her neck. "Come on  Chris, it's nearly eight a.m., time to get the show on the road."

"Okay, Rosebud.  I'll get the coffee going while you lift the blinds.  Queen Mary will be here soon.  If I'm going to talk to her about Saturday night I want her to be in as good a mood as possible."

***


The Silent Star Plus a Dozen Selections is available exclusively on Amazon in both Paperback and Kindle formats.



Short story titled In Control is also available exclusively on Amazon.

This short story dares to stand alone

but is available in Kindle format only

for your reading pleasure.


Thanks for visiting my author's page at

Thanks for buying a book or two
and thanks for taking the time
to write your positive review 
on Amazon and on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment