My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken - an excerpt

Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken  

An excerpt from one of the 12 short stories in this anthology titled
Francesca's Confession



"Claptrap!  I shout at the TV screen. "I'm sick to death of listening to all this corny romantic babble!  I can't tolerate five more minutes of this garbage!  It's just drivel; a waste of air space so advertisers can pedal their detergents!"  I push the off button on the remote plunging the living-room into sudden silence.

"Hey, I was watching that!" Harvey yells.

"It's crap!  I don't want to watch it!"  I yell back.

I turn my head and look over at Harvey wrapped in his lazy-boy chair.  He's holding a bag of Smart Pop in one hand and a can of Molson's Canadian in the other.  I love my Harvey but I wonder whatever happened to the good looking guy he used to be?  That fellow left a long time ago and I have no idea where he went.  The large lump in the chair is a sad caricature of the man I thought I was marrying.

I wonder if there's ever been a moment when things were somewhat placid in our lives.  Maybe many years ago but today nothing comes to mind.

"Geez, Harvey, you're getting your popcorn all over the rug.  I just vacuumed this morning.  What a slob!"  I shout as I bend my large body over and reach down to pick up the popcorn bits sprinkled all over my new yellow carpet.

"Francesca, you sound just like your mother; rude, crude, and offensive!  I was in the middle of watching that movie so turn it back on!"


***


Social Studies, Book Two - Shattered and Broken

is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.

Cover designs by https://yuneekpix.com



Francesca's Confession dares to stand alone in the Kindle Store
for your short story reading enjoyment.




Thanks for visiting my author's page at https://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin


And thanks for your positive reviews
on Amazon and on Goodreads.

I appreciate your continued support and encouragement.








No comments:

Post a Comment