My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

Ellen and The Hummingtree - an excerpt

"For hours I, the foolish one, had been waiting at the wrong gate.  Now I realized that these gates were at the entrance to an old abandoned cemetery.  I had heard about this place but in all my years of living in this town I had never visited here before.  Why would anyone want to visit an abandoned burial ground?

Why is this woman here?  And why is she crying?

I approached her and when I was just a few feet away from where she was kneeling I stopped in wonder and amazement.  I could scarcely believe what I was seeing.  I didn't know whether to remain where I was or whether to move closer in order to speak with the elderly lady.  It was a difficult thing to know what to do next.

I decided to stay where I was in order to respect the woman's prayerful privacy.  Pines, Maples and White Birches mingled together around the clearing that constituted the old burial ground.  I could see some gravestones though most were overgrown with God's colourful blanket of weeds and wildflowers.

The crying woman was kneeling beside a rectangular shaped grey stone.  The chiseled words were made illegible by years of weather.

I inched myself closer.  Now I could see that her brown skinned face was as chiseled as the headstone.  Looking at her I could not help but think, "This woman is a very old soul.  She has met life and survived."

I did not mean to; I did not want to; but I could not hold back the invasive cough that began way down in my stomach and worked its way up through my body and out of my mouth.

She turned her head at once and looked at me.

I don't know why but that's when I started to cry again.  Perhaps it was the sight of the tearful eyes that met my own.  "Hello," is all she said.

"Hello," I replied.

"I'm glad you have come," she said.  "I'm growing tired and it is getting chilly.  Creator told me someone is coming to receive the gift and I have been waiting a very long time.  I'm glad you are here."  She smiled.

***

Ellen and The Hummingtree is available exclusively on Amazon 
in paperback and kindle formats.


The exciting news is that in the spring of 2019
Ellen and The Hummingtree
will join my family of audio books
and will be available
on Amazon, Audibles, and Itunes
narrated by the very talented

Falon Echo.


Thank you for your continued encouragement and support.


And special thanks for taking the time to share your reviews
on Amazon and on Goodreads.

Cover design for Ellen and The Hummingtree
is created by https://yuneekpix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment