My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Dinner at Seven - an excerpt

Dinner at Seven - an excerpt

"It is difficult, to say the least, but somehow I regain and keep my composure throughout the interviews.  Only Derek's presence sustains me but when the last of the three candidates leave his office, Derek speaks up.  "Okay, Marsha and David, I am determined to put an end to the nonsense that is turning two supposedly mature people into kindergarten brats.  I insist that we all have lunch together."

I make my excuses but Derek will not take no for an answer.  Sometimes it is tough being a woman in a man's world.

I can see that David's face mirrors my own sadness.  I walk with the two men out of the office and the tears that I have so bravely kept in check throughout the interviews slip unbidden down my cheeks.  Feeling like a fool I excuse myself to visit the ladies' room.  "I will meet you shortly downstairs in the restaurant," I say.

Professionalism can only go so far!"


***


Dinner At Seven is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats
for your romance reading pleasure.


And thank you for your positive reviews 
on Amazon and on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment