My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, March 10, 2019

All Them Houses - an excerpt

All Them Houses - an excerpt

"My mother accompanied me the day I visited Dr. Kingstone whose office at that time was on Vaughan Road in Toronto.  His swift diagnosis was pregnancy.

My mother's comment to the good doctor that day, I remember well. She's too young to be having a baby.

I also remember the doctor's response.  No, not at all.  She's at the perfect age and she is well built.

I still remember my shock when the doctor said these words.  He caught himself quickly and said, What I mean is she has wide hips.  She is built well for having babies.

I still laugh remembering that day.  But it was true, my wide hips were to be a blessing.

I was eighteen years old and I was expecting my first child.

***



All Them Houses is available exclusively on Amazon in
Paperback and Kindle formats.

Thanks for visiting my author's page at


Thank you for your continued encouragement and support
and thank you 
for your positive reviews on Amazon and on Goodreads.


3 comments:

  1. I think I would love this story! I just turned 18 when I gave birth to my first-born (a son) (his photo is on my timeline or profile photo...never sure which is which..lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our day it wasn't too uncommon to be a Mom for the first time at the early age of 18. Were you like me; a grandma before you reached 40? :-) My memoir (part one) is available on Amazon.ca, Mary Lou.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete