My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Sara, a Canadian Saga -- an excerpt

Sara, a Canadian Saga - an excerpt

'Through her quiet tears she begged, "Then take me with you, Roy.  Take us with you and somehow we'll manage.  You can't just up and leave your children, Roy.  They need their father.  I need you."

He held her in his arms.  Together they rocked back and forth on the bed.  "I love you, Sara."  With an awkward, soft hand he touched her face and dried her tears.  "But ya know I can't take ya with me."

She pulled out of his arms.  "I'm coming with you, Roy Thompson, and I won't hear another word about it!"  She was screaming again.

Fit to be tied, he rose from the bed.  He paced back and forth.  Soon they were shouting at each other again.  "In the first place," Roy bellowed, "we don't have enough money for all the train fares!  In the second place there's no place in Toronto for you and the kids to stay!  Use yer head, woman!"  With no warning he was caught up in a fit of coughing.  He hacked as though he was going to choke to death.  Finally he could breathe again.  He lit a cigarette to calm himself down and continued to pace back and forth, back and forth.

She cried.

***




Sara, a Canadian Saga is my first novel.

It is available exclusively on Amazon
in paperback and kindle formats.

And now, I am happy to say, Sara, a Canadian Saga

is also available in audiobook format
on Amazon, Audibles, and Itunes.

cover design by Yuneekpix.com


Thanks  for visiting my author's page at

Thank you for your positive reviews
on Amazon and on Goodreads.




No comments:

Post a Comment