My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, April 13, 2014

REAWAKENING

Reawakening is a novel that reveals itself in a place called Notsew.   Here is a story that takes the reader on a journey, along with the story's characters, far from earth.   In this place called Notsew the powers that be have great curiosity.  They want to learn more about why human beings do the things they do and mostly they want to learn about some strange phenomena best described as emotion.   The story's characters find themselves unwilling participants in an experiment. 

I dedicated this story to my dear sister, Muriel, because she just loved it.  Of all the things I had written this was her favourite.   And though my sister is now also far from earth the love we shared continues to make me feel as close to her as ever.

Although I didn't know it at the time I wrote Reawakening, I believe there were greater forces at work.  Why do I think this?  Because the love my sister & I continue to share is the kind of love shared by the characters in this story.  Nothing and no one - not even death - can lessen the power of love. 

     Audrey Austin is happily retired and living with her best friend, Brian, in Elliot Lake, ON. "Reawakening" is Audrey's second novel. Her first novel, "SARA, a Canadian Saga", is in its fourth print run and, like Reawakening, is now available in both Print and Kindle format on all Amazon sites

Author page:  http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

----------------------------------

About Reawakening:

Unlike many of their acquaintances they stayed in love and they stayed married for many years. Jim was now an old man, even by earth's standards, when he suffered the fatal coronary. He left his young wife a childless widow. She mourned. She grieved. She never remarried. Jim was her only love. Linda grew old as her husband before her had grown old. She died a peaceful death.

And then it happened . . .

----------------------------------



Editorial Reviews

Review

With regard to this book let me share with you one review by Maggie Kirton who is the Executive Director of Wynterblue Publishing Canada.

She writes, "Every now and then a manuscript comes across my desk that completely captivates me. Austin has reached inside the human heart and removed all boundaries pertaining to everlasting love ... and her ability to play with the English language successfully is astounding.

Austin's Reawakening is a must read. It will take you into a land not far from your heart and bring you back to earth again believing that all things are possible with love and hope."

  Another review of REAWAKENING:

" Let me first wipe my droplets of moisture from my eyes. Some shed from sadness of a love so strong and true, that never seems to be a " togetherness of two the way I would hope. Then some shed for the amazing job Austin did in making me laugh at the craziness of our "human" lives.
"Reawakening" is a story I could not give anything less than 5 stars too. It is a love story, mixed with sci-fi, also mixed with drama and the comedy that sneaks up if you have the ability to laugh at oneself. Would I go as far as calling this book a romance...no I cannot! It is a book of love, true love, something many think they know, but will realize if by this story very few may actually have it right. A love on earth were age, appearance were not important to the two involved, happiness, comfort, and love was without a question in their lives. A must read for men and women.

Ann237 Beauregard
           
From the Author
Reawakening is a novel that reveals itself in a place called Notsew.   Here is a story that takes the reader on a journey, along with the story's characters, far from earth.   In this place called Notsew the powers that be have great curiosity.  They want to learn more about why human beings do the things they do and mostly they want to learn about some strange phenomena best described as emotion.   The story's characters find themselves unwilling participants in an experiment. 

Although I didn't know it at the time I wrote Reawakening,
I believe there were greater forces at work.  Why do I think this?  Because the love my sister & I continue to share is the kind of love shared by the characters in this story.  Nothing and no one - not even death - can lessen the power of love. 
 
Cover Design by Susan Ruby K.
 
Reawakening  is free today only on all Amazon sites.
 
Reawakening is available in Kindle format
 
 
Reawakening in its third print run is almost sold out
in paperback format.
A few copies are available directly from the author
audrey@persona.ca 
 
This book will soon be available in print format from createspace.com
             

No comments:

Post a Comment