My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Poetry from A to Z ... an excerpt containing a poem or two

an excerpt - A Poem or Two



ONLY ONE



Last time I looked there was only one 
Only one of me
Call me any name you wish
Still only one of me.



If I can handle all the tags
Still knowing who I am
Why doubt that God won't know He's called
By any other name?




RAIN

Rain kisses the earth
          Gentle
               Patient

Like a puppy licking a petting hand.
Clouds build and blacken
          Determined
               Persistent

Black ink stains clear blue linen
And the earth is renewed
With the avalanche of raindrops
          Skipping
               Jumping

Upon the patio stones
Before descending
          into welcoming arms
               of thirsty earth.

See the twirling, bouncing
          Branch of Maple,
               Oak and Willow

In never-ending grey surround
Welcome rain pouring
          over all that needs
               sustenance, cleansing

Welcome the gift of this day
          to look inward
               and be grateful.

*******




Poetry from A to Z is available exclusively on Amazon in both Paperback and Kindle formats.  This anthology of poetry contains fifty poems for your reading enjoyment.

Thanks for visiting my author's page.

Watch for the release of my latest novel titled The Observer - His Eye is on the Sparrow Spring of 2020.







No comments:

Post a Comment