My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, January 10, 2020

All Them Houses, a Memoir -- an excerpt

  an excerpt



"I felt fulfilled being Mommy to my two beautiful little girls.  John worked hard and he supported the family while I did the housekeeping, the cooking, and provided the child care.  In 1964 this was not an unusual arrangement.  Although it was not easy, it was not impossible, for a family to be supported by one income.

John drove the white and salmon-coloured station wagon.  Thanks to this vehicle there were many happy family excursions to the beach, to the zoo, to the park, to the drive-in theatre on a Friday night where John and I would enjoy the movie while the kids curled up in their blankets in the back of the station wagon; tired as they were  from playing on the swings and slides.  We were child-focused.

Nothing was more important - not even our marriage as I was to later learn.

*******


About All Them Houses

Throughout the past two years writing my memoir has been a most difficult challenge, however, I am happy that I have, at last, completed part one.    I find memoir writing to be very challenging, much more difficult than fiction writing and, for me, it is a very slow process.   These excerpts from my life are true from my perspective and as I experienced them.

I encourage all women to write a memoir.


All Them Houses is available exclusively on Amazon in paperback and kindle formats.

Visit my Amazon Author's Page.

Watch for the release of my latest novel titled The Observer spring of 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment