My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, January 11, 2020

No Place to Lay Her Head -- a handful of moments ......an excerpt

No Place to Lay Her Head - a handful of moments

An excerpt:

"If I am to be authentic, which is my goal; I know where I want to be.  I am a woman who deeply loved a man.  I'm a woman who has learned to love herself when I felt there was no one else around to care.   I am a woman who has learned the beauty of being alone; alone with my God as I understand Him to be.

Recently I have begun, once again, offering my support to others in the form of a women's counseling service.  I am also in the process of preparing material for the third in a series of workshops for women.  I have re-learned that women need each other.  

My Brian was most supportive to me in all my efforts; whether it was when I was writing; celebrating book launches; working in the garden; wanting to go somewhere; or cleaning the house.  He was there for me.  My hope would be that all men could be as good to their women as Brian was to me.

My story is emotional,  yes, sometimes even maudlin.  My story may at times seem repetitive or even boring to another.  My story is sincere.  It is real and it is an important part of my personal grieving process.  This writing throughout the past two years has held my Brian close to me; has given me strength I sometimes didn't think I possessed; has helped me in my desire to be honest and authentic, to be who I really am.   It is never my intention to offend or hurt anyone, especially through my writing, but in sharing my moments, it has been necessary, and important to me, that I be as open and as authentic as I am capable of being.

I hope my story will encourage you to begin writing yours; sharing your grief; discovering your inner strength and power.

*******

No Place to Lay Her Head - a handful of moments is available exclusively on Amazon in paperback and kindle formats.

Thanks for visiting my Amazon author's page.

Thank you for your positive reviews on Amazon and on Goodreads.

Watch for the release of my latest novel titled The Observer  spring of 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment