My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo ... and more ......

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!   We have stocked up on treats for the ghosts and goblins who will hopefully have reasonable weather to enjoy Hallowe'en night's trick or treating.

Tomorrow is November 1st and for the first time I am registered for NaNoWriMo -- which is an acronym for the National Novel Writing Month.

It is my hope that during the next 30 days I will find my way to writing 50,000 words that will have some semblance of connection and make some iota of sense; good or otherwise.

To my knowledge I am the only writer in my small town of Elliot Lake to be registered.

If you are also participating, get in touch.  Perhaps we can encourage each other in this madness.

This morning I wrote two poems; one for the purpose of Creative Connections 3 in which I am collaborating with artist, Susan Ruby K., to make presentation

The second poem is prepared for presentation at the annual Elliot Lake Christmas Concert which I know will be a lot of fun again this year.

And, of course, the most exciting news of all at this time for me is the upcoming Elliot Lake launch of my third novel titled Ellen and The Hummingtree.   This launch is taking place the afternoon of Saturday, November 10th at 1 pm in the Gallery at the Centre, Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre.

You are invited and I hope you can attend.  Susan and I will be reading an excerpt from Ellen and The Hummingtree after which we will have a book signing.

There will be a draw and some lucky person will win a free copy of the book

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've visited your site and I love it! It's interesting and entertaining...Congrats on registering for NANO! Will you post snippets of your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kismet. I hadn't thought of posting snippets of my story as I go along with NaNoWriMo but that is a good suggestion. Perhaps I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete