My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, October 12, 2012

Ellen and The Hummingtree has arrived .........

Such excitement when we picked up this large box at the bus station.
Well wrapped by Wynterblue Publishing Canada Inc.
Ellen and The Hummingtree has arrived.

Holding the first copy of "Ellen" hot off the press
I feel a wonderful sense of achievement
and, more than this,
a wonderful sense of anticipation of things to come.

This is the first time that my daughter, Susan, and I have
collaborated on a project such as this one.
I am thrilled that she has created the
wonderful illustrations throughout the book.

What a beautiful cover design!
Thank you,  Susan
You can check out her website at

Many thanks to Maggie Kirton of Wynterblue Publishing Canada Inc.
for this wonderful gift of a poster
which contains the words of
my narrative poem found at the end of Ellen's story
and also a copy of each of the amazing
illustrations created by Susan and found throughout the book.

As for "Ki" he is not even interested
in all the excitement filling his home today.
He simply wonders why I have forgotten
to fill his dish with food.
Bless his heart, there is mention of "Ki"
in the book but you will find him under the name of "Kris".
 
 
The Elliot Lake launch of
Ellen and The Hummingtree
will take place
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Gallery at The Centre,
Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre,
Elliot Lake,
1 p.m.
 
Both Susan and I will be there for book reading
and for book signing.
 
Together we will be re-enacting the conversation in
a chapter of the book.
We hope our audience will find this
an entertaining way to spend a November afternoon.
 
For out of town orders please email me.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment