My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Guffaw

This is a story about a boy and his grandfather. Each summer Jimmy Lincoln spends his summer vacation with his grandparents. This summer everything is different. Grandma died and Grandpa is living alone. Jimmy discovers that his grandfather is sad. He has forgotten how to laugh. For the first time he realizes that Grandad is growing old. Believing it is laughter that kept his grandfather young he sets out to find it. What must Jimmy do in order to once more hear Grandpa's guffaw?


 

From the Author

I have memory of my young grandchild being with me at the time of my mother's death.  How difficult it is to be the grandparent the child has come to know and expect when one is grieving deeply the loss of a loved one.   It was this memory that assisted me in the writing of  "Valentine Guffaw".
 
Happy Valentine's Day!   I hope you will accept and enjoy this Kindle short story, "Valentine Guffaw"  as my Valentine's Day gift to you.
 
You will find it free today in the Kindle Store on all Amazon sites.  #2  in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Death & Dying
 
Thanks for checking out my author's page at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin
 
and know that your positive reviews are always welcome and appreciated on Amazon and/or Goodreads.
 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment