My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Runing Away from Home ..........

Almost the entire basement has been dug up to replace sewer pipes. The floor has now been re-cemented, in the process of drying, and if that were the end of this adventure I would be pleased.

Alas, the sewer pipes which run from the house to the city line now also have to be replaced.  This, in itself, is not so bad.  It is what this process will entail that really has me in an emotional tailspin.

My beloved front veranda, stone patio and beautiful front hedge will all need to come down in order for the backhoe to do what it is designed to do.  The cost of all this tearing down and rebuilding is a high one; both emotionally and financially.

But what must be done, must be done.

It is at times like this that I think I would like to run away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment