My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Monday, November 15, 2010

My baby is off to kindergarten.........

This morning I sent off to Wynterblue Publishing all the necessary information for the publication of "The Silent Star plus a dozen."    This action has left me feeling much the way I felt years ago on the morning when I first sent my little child off to kindergarten.

With the child travels my love, my hope, and my prayer for her well-being and for her success.

I wonder if readers realize how much of herself/himself an author puts into a publication. 

When I see a book  published and out in the world all by itself for the first time it gives me a wonderful feeling....................but it also makes me feel very vulnerable.  I want to be very protective of this baby to which I have given birth.

Of course I want this child to be adopted into many homes..........every author wants to make sales.

But do we really want critique after a book is published?

Of course we do if the critique is positive and complimentary.

Do we want to hear that the story is bad?   Of course not.

What parent wants to hear negative comments about his child?  

When given the opportunity I say to purchasers of my books, "I hope you will enjoy the story and if you do, please let me know.  If you don't, then please keep it to yourself, because it cannot be changed to suit you.  It is done."

Still, sometimes a reader feels the need to say something negative and thank God we live in a free country so they have this right and privilege.

Writers, and in fact, all artists, need to develop a tough skin........we need to let the negative energy roll away like rain off a duck's back.

The Silent Star plus a dozen   will be in the hands of readers soon.

It is my sincere hope that they will enjoy the reading as much as I enjoyed the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment