My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to Boil a Frog

This evening I watched the movie, "How to Boil a Frog".............after the viewing I thought, yes, I need to become more active in airing my views about the plight of our poor planet.  I will write articles about steps we can take to help the environment and ease the woes of our world.

I was excited to visit the "How to Boil a Frog" website once the movie was finished to see if there was some practical way I could become involved.

I was disappointed to see that parts of the site are still under construction but I will check back another time soon.

We will follow the advice given in the movie.  We don't eat beef to begin with and from now on we won't gas up at Esso.   These may seem like trivial things considering they are just the actions of one or two people on a personal path  but just imagine if hundreds, thousands and even  millions of people did the same.    We could make a difference.

I know I can't change the world......the only person I can change is me but if taking these small actions will create change then so be it.  I'm reminded of the equation, "Awareness plus acceptance plus action equals change."

I feel blessed to live in Canada.  I confess I often forget how truly blessed I am.  Sometimes I need a kick in the butt like the one I received from the movie, "How to Boil a Frog." 

No comments:

Post a Comment