My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Sunday, November 16, 2014

An excerpt from "Ellen and The Hummingtree"


“Time to do what?” I asked.

“Time to leave!” he said. “I’ve had it with you!  I’ve had it with all the crap. This leaking roof is the last straw!  I’m outa here!”

“You’re outa here?  What on earth do you mean, Jerry? How can you be outa here? We are a family!  We have kids to raise! Have you lost the good sense you were born with?”

Jerry packed a bag and left that very night.  I know he went to her house. 

He thought he kept the secret well but I knew.  I’d known for a few months but I was afraid to broach the topic.  Instead I had been living in denial for some time.  Denial was a lonely place to live. 

But now, abandoned and heartbroken, I lay alone, sobbing, on the bathroom floor. My tears mixed with the water that overflowed the bucket.  I didn’t care.  I wanted to die.
 “Let me drown, God.  Let me just drown in this mess!”

 
Available on all Amazon sites in both Kindle and Paperback Editions.
Check out my author's page  http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

No comments:

Post a Comment