My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A little bit about me .........

My name is Audrey Austin and I am a Canadian author.  I was born and raised by my parents in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 

 I often describe myself as one who tends to do everything backward.   At a very early age I married and before long my two daughters arrived. Having only a high school education I waited until my children were grown before going back to school. I attended University of Toronto and later graduated from Transformational Arts College.  I have lived in Toronto & its suburbs; Prince Edward Island and in New Zealand.  I have enjoyed other international travel but only as a tourist in countries such as Thailand; Korea; Bahamas; Bermuda; Columbia, Puno and Cartagena in South America.  I have held several jobs throughout my life but basically I held the positions of legal transcriptionist; teacher and psychospiritual practitioner in private practice.  

 I always wanted to write and I did write in a small way as a hobby but I never made any attempt at publication.  It was not until I retired at an uncertain age that I finally made the promise to myself that I would fulfill my dream of being an author.  Since that day I have worked very hard though it does not feel like work.  I love creative writing and how can something one loves so much be classified as work? I have written novels, novellas, short stories, some of which are in anthologies, and some, like Daniel, which dare to stand alone.  Drawing on my experience as a teacher/therapist I put together what is so far my only book on personal growth.  

To date on Amazon I have available forty-two offerings which include novels, novellas, an anthology, a self-help book and many short stories.  My current work in progress is book number seven; a novel titled Crabapple Court .     My author page on Amazon is found at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin


I have also compiled three books titled SOCIAL STUDIES - Books One, Two and Three .  I am in the process of formatting these books and soon I will be uploading them to Create Space.  Once this is achieved my book count will have reached ten.


I have no diplomas or degrees in creative writing.  I have only the imagination and the desire to allow the wonderful characters I create the freedom to express and the time to tell their stories.  I do my best to keep up with the characters and I hope you will enjoy what I write."

No comments:

Post a Comment