My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wynterblue Publishing's monthly WynLit 24 writing competition ..

Happy first day of fall -- my favourite season!  

The WynLit 24 writing competitions are offered each month by Wynterblue Publishing Canada.  They are always a challenge.  To complete and submit a short story following the theme prescribed in a 24 hour period is something I've been doing, as a member of Wynterblue, for a few years now.

Stories that are chosen and short listed each month automatically qualify to be published in Wynterblue's Annual short story anthology titled Confabulation.

So far I have had twenty-four short stories published in Confabulation; issues two, three, four and five.   I wasn't a member of Wynterblule in order to participate and hope to have something published in Confabulation One.

But I've made up for lost time.

It was a friend who told me about this monthly writing competition.  I took to it like a duck to water.  And now I am telling you about it and perhaps it will be something in which you will also want to participate.

Check out the website of Wynterblue Publishing Canada and learn more.

Today is another WynLit day ... I find myself trying to figure out why she is holding a pistol and whether or not she will shoot -- short story writing is a lot of fun; never know where it will take me :-)

And now at end of day I have written and submitted my story.  It is titled "No Magic for Magdalena".   Will it find favour with the Judges?  I have no idea.  I won't know until next month when the short list is made available.

But I do know I enjoyed the writing and, to me, that is what it is all about; the joy of creative writing.

I like writing competitions.  Tomorrow I plan to begin working on a story for Canada Writes 2012; another good contest that you may want to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment