My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jacob's Seven Stones

The Seven Stones of Jacob is a short story which I wrote originally for a Wynterblue WynLit24 writing competition.   The original version was just under 5,000 words.

I re-wrote the story and titled it Jacob's Seven Stones and submitted it to http://CommuterLit.com keeping their maximum 4,000 word limit in mind.  

Bringing the story down to just over 3,500 words was a wonderful exercise to practice being more concise without losing the pearl of the story.

I'm pleased to tell you that Jacob's Seven Stones is published on http://CommuterLit.com  today.  Check it out and I hope you will enjoy the story.


Some members of Elliot Lake Writers' Workshop will be participating in the Elliot Lake Christmas Concert taking place at the Lester B. Pearson Civic Centre, 7 p.m. on Wednesday, December 7th.   I have written a Christmas poem for the occasion and hope to see you there.

It was originally planned that on November 29th, 30th and December 1st I would be at a table in the Algo Mall with my friend, Anne Gagnon.  This plan has changed however and we will now be there at our vendor table for just the one day on Thursday, December 1st.  Anne Gagnon will be selling pieces of her beautiful pottery and I will be selling copies of my three books titled  Sara, a Canadian Saga; Reawakening and The Silent Star plus a Dozen.

Books make wonderful Christmas gifts and Anne's lovely pottery pieces also make wonderful gifts.

Hope you will come and say hello to us when you visit the Algo mall on Thursday, December 1st.



No comments:

Post a Comment