My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Canada Day 2021

One of my sisters had the patience and the motivation to learn much about our family's ancestral background.   And she learned that way back in the 16th century our ancestors began making their way to Canada.  They came from France, from Ireland, from England, and from  Scotland.  They made their homes on Prince Edward Island and some chose to travel west to British Columbia.  They came to Canada to make a better life for themselves and for their families.

My family has been in this country for a very long time.  I'm growing old so I can honestly say that I, myself, have been in this country for what, to some, may seem a very long time.

I feel grateful, and I feel proud to be Canadian.   I've been blessed to have my fair share of international travel throughout my life and this has made me very appreciative of the good life Canada has to offer.

I am far from perfect.  My country is far from perfect.  But I hope we are better than we used to be.   And I hope that as time passes we will become even better than we are today.

No one can undo the past.  But we can all learn from it, and we can all do our best to do better and to ensure that negative history never repeats itself.

I sincerely believe that every child matters.   Every child deserves the opportunity to live in peace, in friendship, in safety, and in love.   

Let's acknowledge and learn from our past.  Let's all work together in the present to create a future that every Canadian will want to celebrate.

I wish everyone peace and love.

Happy Birthday Canada!  Canada Day, 2021!  










No comments:

Post a Comment