My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Dull Women's Club

 It wasn't until today that I knew there is a Dull Women's Club. The name jumped out at me and invited me to join. Kudos to the individual(s) who started this club.

I don't know if my life qualifies or is dull enough to warrant membership. Since Brian passed away seven years ago, I live alone with my little cat Misty in a small apartment in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada.
I moved from house to apartment after a few years trying to upkeep and maintain the house on my own. I don't really miss my house so much, but I do miss my backyard garden. I've tried to remedy this situation by buying a camp which, in my case, is a small trailer with an add-on of a couple of rooms. In itself, it's cozy and I love it but mostly I love the park in which it sits. I call it my 'tiny house' and I can make use of it only in the summer, early autumn months. The park is closed during our cold Canadian winters. A short walk from my little trailer is a lovely lake, a small beach, and the park provides some lovely roads for many quiet walk-abouts.
The majority of things I enjoy doing require that I be alone; for example, I love to read, to write, to paint pictures, to meditate.
Not to be an isolationist, I do participate with friends and family in social visits and activities. I'm a member of a writers' group and also I recently joined the Red Hat Society. Both of these groups meet once a month so they do serve well to get me out of the house to spend time with others.
I don't know if another would say my life is dull or not. Compared to the lives of many younger people, I'm quite sure it is. But I've reached a time in my life where in order to feel happy, I pray for the peace and happiness of those I care about. Happy is a fleeting emotion. Contentment is more abiding and I believe it is perhaps the best word I can choose to describe the way I feel about my life.
The majority of my time is spent alone with my God, and with my cat who is a wonderful companion. I very much look forward to hearing the stories shared by others who are members in this Dull Women''s Club. We may discover that we are not so dull as we think after all. :-) <3


No comments:

Post a Comment