My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, August 19, 2022

FRIENDSHIP

 Life is so interesting. I'm old enough now to brag about my age if I wish and I'm old enough to appreciate what has been and will always be most important to me. Those things are my faith, my family, my friends.


Throughout all the years, to my knowledge, there have been only three people who decided they don't want my friendship. One woman decided she didn't like the way I grieved the loss of my dear Brian so she not only unfriended me but today is unable to respond to a hello.

The second, also a woman, an evangelical Christian, decided she couldn't be my friend because somehow she felt my faith/religion was a threat to her.

The third and most recent, again a woman, withdrew from friendship because she didn't like that I chose to offer friendship and support to another person; one she did not like.

In all my years of working with and caring about others, nothing has ever been more important to me than friendship and family. I've been fortunate that I can count the friendship losses on one hand.

I'm reminded of an old saying I first learned many moons ago. "I do not love him because he is good. I love him because he is my family, my friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment