My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, June 21, 2019

My twelfth writing anniversary :-)

I sometimes find it difficult to accept that twelve years have passed since I retired from the so-called working world and began to work as a writer.  Yes, this July marks the twelfth anniversary of my writing career.

Of course, I did spend time writing prior to that special day, but I allowed too many road blocks like the need for money and the needs of my family; to take priority in my busy working life.   Everyone knows it is a rare event, indeed, for a writer to support herself through her craft.   And I certainly did know that the odds of an unknown, unpolished writer like myself being discovered were slim.   I knew I would have quite the struggle to find a publisher willing to take the time to get to know me and my writing dreams and goals.

The road I followed was a path I made on my own; something I learned even as a very young child.   If I wanted money, I would create ways to bring some into my world.   Although never the most helpful child around our own home, I would run errands for neighbours; I would baby-sit; and a little money would find its way into my pocket.

If I wanted entertainment I would find ways to make my own fun; ways that did not cost money.

The result, of course, is that, as an adult, if I want something done I have learned that I need only simply begin.  

And that is what happened with my creative writing aspirations when I retired from the working world.    I swallowed my fear and went out on a limb.  I wrote my first book and I titled it "Sara, a Canadian Saga".   

As luck would have it, when I began taking the steps to pay serious attention to my creative writing, the universe cooperated.    My dear friend, Shirley Green, introduced me to Maggie Kirton and Wynterblue Publishing; a company that offered wonderful writing competitions on a regular basis.   I fell in love with Wynterblue's Wynlits and the Confabulations that included my short stories.  Maggie Kirton's support and encouragement were inspirational.

She was the first to read Sara's manuscript.    She hated it!  She found so much wrong with it!  I decided I would just forget about writing.

But that thought didn't stay with me long.

Instead I went to work.  And I re-wrote Sara, and then I wrote it again, and yet again.  As I wrote, the manuscript, strangely enough, did not get longer.  No, indeed, the story became shorter.   Cut!  Cut!  Cut!   

I always knew I talked too much.  I was learning that I write too much.    In time Sara, a Canadian Saga was ready for publication.  Thanks to perseverance, Maggie Kirton, and Wynterblue Publishing, I gave birth to my very first real book.

Twelve years have passed since that day and, being a prolific writer, I have created many novels, novellas, short stories, and poems, not to mention some song lyrics and a couple of plays. 

My writing world is now an integral part of my journey.   Always I am grateful to Maggie Kirton and Wynterblue Publishing.   I'm also grateful to Sara, the little girl whose life created my own and allowed me to be who I am as I celebrate this, my twelfth writing anniversary.

Thank you to all who buy and read my books which are many and which are sold exclusively through Amazon.

And more recently, with the amazing, talented narrators who are willing to take a chance with me and to bring my stories alive in the world of audio books,  I am even more grateful.   Thank you to Earl Sewell; Falon Echo; John Carter Aimone; Kendra Murray, and Ralph Scott.  These creative people picked up my stories that were living in the Paperback and Kindle world and they gave my stories a new home not only in Amazon, but in Itunes, and Audibles.   They awakened all my characters  and gave them a voice that calls out to you and says,
 "Hey, come, take a listen."    To these talented people, I am grateful.


Sara, a Canadian Saga, my very first novel, is available for your reading pleasure exclusively in Amazon in paperback and kindle formats.   Sara is also there waiting to meet you in the audio book world for your listening enjoyment.

All my books are found on Amazon and my author's page is found at https://amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

Thank you for buying a book and helping me to celebrate this, my 12th anniversary.  ♥♥♥


Available in Paperback and Kindle
The people on this cover are my family of origin.
I'm the little one.
And the house behind is the house in which I was born
and spent my early childhood days.



Available now as an audio book
on Amazon, Itunes, and Audibles.

Both beautiful covers are designed by SusanRK

No comments:

Post a Comment