My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Friday, February 1, 2019

All Them Houses, a memoir - an excerpt

All Them Houses, a memoir  -  an excerpt

"I was thrilled to be a mother.  I was eighteen and a half years old and John was now twenty-one.  Christine was a good baby.  I did my best to learn how to be a good mother.  She was healthy, thank God.  John learned to be a good father.  He loved his new baby as I did.

I have happy memories of this time in my life.  We would sit at the kitchen table and, while we ate our dinner, we took turns rocking the carriage in which she lay.  It was a beautiful English pram; a gift from my sister-in-law, Anne, whose baby had been born a year earlier.

By the time Christine was three months old, I learned that I was, once again, pregnant.

I was eighteen years old with my second child on the way.  I remember a friend saying, Oh, dear, what are you going to do?  I remember I gave her my best smile and said, I'm going to have another baby.





All Them Houses, a memoir  is available exclusively on Amazon
in Paperback and Kindle formats.

I would love to narrate and transform this book into an audio book
but first I will need to learn the skills of the recording trade.
In the meantime I hope you will enjoy the read.

Thanks for visiting my author's page at

Your positive reviews are always welcome
on Amazon and on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment